On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:18:05 +0100
Stephen Kellett <lua@objmedia.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> are confused by such issues.I think this
> often the disconnect between languages with concrete type info and
> the more flexible languages.
probably you are right. dynamic languages are powerful and flexible,
but it can be unclear why compiler can't do some things that compiler
for the static language can. being a long time LISPer i personally
never has such problems though. %-)

i think every programmer must write something resonably big in assembly
language to understand that there's no magick in computers. and that
there's nothing but nameless bits and bytes there. %-)