On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM, James Kimble <jkimble@one.net> wrote:
> My biggest concern is that there is a body of work out there in JS that can
> be reused easily that I'm sure doesn't exist for Lua because of it's
> newness. JS also has the advantage of having been around for a long time so
> browser support is a non-issue. Is browser support good for Lua? Is there
> room for concern there over JS?

Lua is not new. it's really mature and stable (arguably much more than
JavaScript, but that's a biased opinion).

JS is much more well-known, so you really have a lot of code to pick
and copy.  about said code's quality.... there are some good libraries
but not so many.

browser support for Lua? 0

for a server Lua is a great solution, also for the client, if you're
writing it (really easy to embed in C code).

if you want to program for an existing browser, go with JS

--
Javier