Symantics would sugest that if "it" must use Lua and "it" doesn't have
any code, then "it" doesn't use Lua and therefore should be removed.

How important is this problem?  Is it making a monetary impact (such
as increased server space, search time impacted or causing undue
administrative duties)? If so, is it worth the time and effort to
clean it up? Is LuaForge targetting the End User or the Programmer? If
it is targetting the End User, then having blank projects strains the
credibility of LuaForge as a dependable place to find the resources
you need. If it targets the Programmer, then having an open-door
policy makes sense.

In any case, I think that rationality alone warrants the manual
removal of any project over a year old that has not generated any code
whatsoever. If the purpose of a project is mainly to generate
interest, I would submit to you that one year without interest negates
the purpose entirely.

That's my 2 cents, re-lurking now.