On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 3:44 PM, George Petsagourakis
<petsagouris@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a big number of projects that are on the Luaforge.net system but
> haven't produced anything in their lifetime. Why are they still there?

LuaForge and Sourceforge differs in many ways, one of them being that
LuaForge accepts "projects as pointers". One can register a project in
LuaForge but host everything somewhere else and just leave a pointer
there as the "Project Home Page".

On the other hand, there are still projects that were created to be
hosted in LuaForge but for some reason did not. It is (still) not part
of LF policy to deal with those, but I agree that the number of such
projects is starting to get big.

> Is there any administration function inbuilt to the forge system to email the
> owners if they want to keep the project or not after a specific period?

No, as Asko mentioned, LuaForge uses GForge and thus we are "limited"
to what they offer. We don't have manpower to extend GForge (based on
PHP) for such tasks.

> Shouldn't this be taken care of in order to prevent the ghost projects?
> Keeping only the active projects will help luaforge to raise the overall quality.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this in a practical way,
suggestions are welcome. If someone would be brave enough to extend
GForge, just let me know. :o)

André