Andre Carregal wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to do this in a practical way,
> suggestions are welcome.

One thing that might at least help keep the problem from
getting worse, is to make it clear to the registrants of
new projects that they will be expected to release some
sort of code and/or binaries for their project in a
timely manner.

Although I didn't look too hard, I really can't find any
sort of rules or requirements for registering new projects,
other than the notice on the main page:

  "The only requirement is that it uses Lua"

(umm, i guess that would imply that "it" exists :-)

 - Jeff