"RJP Computing" <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>     "RJP Computing" <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > OK. So far I don't see any Subversion access to Lua, so I think this
>     > makes my decision easy. git, bazaar, and Mercurial are all great. I
>     > don't want to offend anybody or start a discussion about what version
>     > control system to use. I just need Subversion access to the files. I
>     > am not an expert, but so far I can't find a way to use a
>     > Bazaar/git/Mercurial repository with an svn client.
>
>     Huh?  "git svn dcommit" will commit to SVN just fine.
>
> Yeah, I am talking about the other way around. Make a git repository
> and allow svn clients to commit and such.

Why?  Just import every tarball into git, and then push into the central
SVN repository everybody is going to work with.  git will reconstruct
the rename/move history and SVN will be glad to receive and exhibit it.
In short: just use git as your private toolkit in order to import new
versions into SVN.