On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Tomas Guisasola Gorham
<tomas@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>        I think Lua doesn't have _classes_: some of us fake it by
> creating objects that behave like classes :-)  But maybe I am wrong...

Indeed! In fact, if there's one class per module there is no real problem.

>        I am not sure I get your point :-(
>        Anyway I am more concerned in correcting the many situations
> where LuaDoc does not behave like we would like it to...

The point is there is more to documenting a library or utility than
documenting its functions. However, it would be very convenient for a
user of that library to access the overview documentation from the
same page as the detailed function documentation. So then one can use
@see tags and can hop around like a happy mountain goat.

 Writing the documentation in markdown and creating a
documentation-only luadoc is a feasible way of doing this, although it
is definitely forcing LuaDoc to do something a little unnatural ;)

steve d.