While we are on the subject of luadoc, it would be useful to be able
to document _classes_, which is the pure Lua equivalent of this
situation.  Of course, nobody agrees on how to declare classes in Lua
;) so it would require another tag. But then one would need an
extended hierarchy:

module
  class
     function ('method')

Another thing, it would be most cool to be able to integrate
'documentation modules' into luadoc. I'm faking it by postprocessing
the output of markdown, turning it into .luadoc format and then having
to patch the resulting html, which is less than elegant!

steve d.

PS. Sorry, this really should be in the luadoc mailing list, but I'm
watching so many mailing lists at the moment!