	Hi Graham

I'm wondering whether there's a standard way to provide luadoc for modules that instantiate userdata with metamethods.
	No.

The luadoc guidelines only discuss table fields & global functions (http://luadoc.luaforge.net/manual.html#howto), but how would one document a userdata, and in particular a userdata metamethod (such as file:read).
	I don't know.
	There are many other open issues like how would one document
a function which returns a function with certain arguments and return
values?  You can imagine how far we can go that way ...
	Anyway, I would love to see some proposals!  Do you have one?

	Regards,
		Tomás