Fred Reimer wrote:
I'm not much of a Microsoft fan at all, but you should check their specials
offers when they release new versions of VS.  Just by watching three on-line
videos I received a free Standard edition of VS2005.  It's not the
professional version, but better than Express...

I'm using Express 2005 here, only because the LuaRocks for Windows
uses it for the Lua runtime. I suppose going to the extra step of
compiling my "own" LuaRocks from source using either Cygwin, mingw,
or uwin wold be OK, but then I'd have to compile all the Rocks
myself too.

My real problem with Express 2005 is the huge download and the
install that sets up stuff behind your back, which is balanced
by the pain of getting the "free" compilers set up properly...

I guess time will tell what works, and I'm just glad that Rocks
seems to be gathering momentum asa standard way of distributing
Lua components...

Ralph