On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Ross Berteig <Ross@cheshireeng.com> wrote:
> I do have some minor concerns about the dependency on the new C
> runtime DLL, but I suspect I have to suck it up and actually
> install a Visual C newer than VC6, and/or figure out the recipe
> for linking from MinGW to the new C runtime ;-)

It would be cool if you shared your findings, because it is becoming a
common issue with those of us who prefer mingw, (or simply just don't
have the money for a commercial compiler?). There is that free version
of the MS compiler, although I don't know if it does proper optimized
release builds.

steve d.