I see the problem. I didn't know any of that. Thanks for the help.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Ralph Hempel <rhempel@hempeldesigngroup.com> wrote:
Eric Tetz wrote:
Jim White wrote:
Can anyone explain why the install file does absolutely nothing? Also how am
I to learn anything when the set up/install is so poorly written? Every file
requires me to tell it what program to use to open it.

Oh goodness, how cute. :)

There is no installer. It doesn't need one.

When the installer "does nothing" it's just copying the files needed
to run Lua into the tree, we all know that.

And to run a lua program you just use the console, we all know that.

The OP also said "Every file requires me to tell it what program
to use to open it." - probably because the "installer" does not
associate *.lua with the Lua executable, and of course, we all
know that.

Believe it or not, this is similar to the experience many users
of pbLua (my Lua for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT) have. They don't
understand that there is no IDE, that you don't run anything on
the PC and that the interpreter is on the NXT.

You just shoot the text file to the NXT with Hyperterminal
(or a real terminal emulator :-) )

Sometimes, it's too simple.

Ralph