Jim White wrote:
> Can anyone explain why the install file does absolutely nothing? Also how am
> I to learn anything when the set up/install is so poorly written? Every file
> requires me to tell it what program to use to open it.

Oh goodness, how cute. :)

There is no installer. It doesn't need one.

You can download a ZIP file containing the Lua executable here:
http://luabinaries.luaforge.net/download.html.   Pick the one for your
operating system. I'm assume you need the 'Windows x86' one.

A ZIP file is an archive; it contains other files inside it. If
Windows doesn't know how to open a ZIP file, you'll need to download
and install a program like WinZip or WinRAR. Once you've done that,
you can open the ZIP file and extract it's contents to a folder
(directory) on your computer. Then just run Lua5.1.exe.

Diego Nehab wrote:
>  Or are you new to newsgroups too?

I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Cheers,