On Feb 15, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Wesley Smith wrote:

I don't think you're going to see a switch flip and the wiki change.
If you really want to update the lua.org wiki engine, I imagine you
could do something like duplicate much of it's data in your Lua wiki
of choice to "kick the tires" so to speak and show that what you're
suggesting is possible.  Then perhaps it could be considered in a more
serious manner.  I shudder to think at the amount of work a migration
of the lua.org wiki would take.  If much was done, that would take
away perhaps the biggest reason not to switch.

Well... converting the content of the current lua-org wiki is rather trivial... there are around 600 or so pages presently... wget all of them... run them over html2text... and you are mostly done... went through this process a couple of time to test Nanoki...

I would be glad to provide a demo version of Nanoki with the content of the lua-org wiki except I don't have anywhere to run it :))

Perhaps someone has a bit of CPU and bandwidth to spare to host such a demo?

Cheers,

PA.