On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill said that when CMake first started, they had abundant TCL
> experience and knew they didn't want that.

Classic. :) If familiarity breeds contempt, the language probably has
issues. It seems like you fall in love with good languages the more
you use them.

I worked on a distributed test tool that had chosen TCL as it's
scripting language, simply because the testers already knew it, and I
ended up detesting it (how I felt about it then:
http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/01-09-007).

Anyway, kudos to those guys for making the right call.