On Feb 12, 2008 11:06 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > [snip snip]
> >> Perhaps if Brandon can get a sample CMake-to-Lua translator
> >> working (just a front end),
> >
> > I'm not volunteering for such a mission.  I don't need CMake to "go
> > Lua."
>
> If you say
> you are only investigating this strategically, just treat my idea
> bubble as a burst bubble.

Of course if someone *can* demonstrate "better build paradigms" in
some tool somewhere, and Lua is a way to achieve that with CMake, and
particularly if someone can show me how it's worth $$$$$ to pursue,
then I'd get right on it.  :-)  But I'm not interested in writing a
CMake-to-Lua translator just as an experiment.  I'm far more convinced
of $$$$$ in Autoconf + GMake --> CMake script translators.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every