On Feb 9, 2008 4:46 AM, Bradley Smith <gmane@baysmith.com> wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > ... you're showing an unfortunate Lua fetish of
>  > small for small's sake.
>
> "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
>    --  Albert Einstein
>
> In my opinion, Lua's small size also means simpler.

A scripting language is only part of a build system.  That's why I
think it's silly to talk about 128K build systems.  Can your teeny
weeny build system generate native MSVC project files?  Does it have
standard modules for finding common open source libraries on your
system?  Can it handle a 400MB build tree without keeling over and
dying on the dependencies?  Can it link on obscure platforms?  Can it
cross-compile?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every