On Feb 9, 2008 2:48 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/9/08, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm just not into fun.  I'm into conquering landscapes of Open
> > Source-dom or game developer-dom or other Big Picture stuff.
>
> Sounds like fun to me! Conquering need not be grim...
>
> Innovation often begins like a game, and then gets serious when the
> suits get interested; that seems to be a natural progression and I
> don't have issues with that.  I think here in the Lua community we
> like to play games, but with serious intent.

CMake didn't begin life as play.  It had a serious job to do, and it
got grants and partnerships between academic institutions and industry
to get it done.  Perhaps the way in which a project starts has a lot
to do with its eventual success and penetration.  That is, the project
carries a core culture with it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every