On Feb 9, 2008 3:40 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cmake comes in
> at 3.7 Meg (windows exe zip), which is fairly fat extra dependency.
> Whereas a small Lua build engine could easily fit in 150K, and thus is
> small enough to be part of the package.

When your small Lua build engine has the same industrial capabilities
and speed as CMake, we'll talk.  Until then, you're showing an
unfortunate Lua fetish of small for small's sake.

> I take your point about NIH (one of my new year resolutions is not to
> reinvent wheels unnecessarily) but there is a serious purpose in
> experimentation - it's called 'research'.

Real researchers study prior art and justify why they're doing better
than it.  They don't just hack because it's there and it's fun.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every