Javier Guerra wrote:
> On 1/3/08, Norman Ramsey <nr@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> On my wish list is to get Lua into the standard maemo distributions for
>> the Nokia N800 (they're already using busybox, for crying out loud),
>> but I am finding it so hard to get good information about developing
>> for the platform that I'm about ready to give up :-(
>
> just curious, what's the problem with busybox?  i've long thought that
> adding Lua to it would make a great plattform for tiny Linux distros.

Javier, you're misunderstanding the "for crying out loud" phrase.
It's more like: busybox is a small and terribly useful bit of
software, and Lua has those same attributes, so it makes sense to
have Lua in there, at least for people on this list.

Unfortunately, we have to contend with religious/evangelist types
brandishing other languages... the Lua community is however, not
very skilled at creating and disseminating overblown hype, so we
are at a disadvantage.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)