Stephen Kellett <lua@objmedia.demon.co.uk> writes:
>> Game companies can afford to maintain their own version of Lua.
>
> Why can't you?

Seriously.  One of the cool things about Lua is that it's so small and
elegant (and so well documented) that practically any halfway competent
developer could maintain it at least in "bug fix mode" -- and many could
do more.

If worse comes to worse, one of the reasons why it's not unreasonable to
simply assume good "community" support would be forthcoming is that the
burden of such support is rather light (the infrastructure needs could
be straightforwardly be handled by any one of the many free developer
sites, sourceforge, savannah, etc).

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?