> Quite frankly, if decision makers in your company are not very bright, maybe
> you should not bother to use Lua. Not all projects deserve Lua, after all...
> ;-)

I am the decision-maker at my company.  My company bids on projects.  The bids are evaluated by clients that not only ask me "what happens if you die tomorrow" but why they should select the technology I propose.  In order to ensure I had an answer to the second question, I asked Lua itself why I should invest in developing solutions based on Lua.  Yeah, it does seem to come down to "what if Roberto gets killed tomorrow?"  Assuming developers will step in when there is no official structure now flies in the face of decades of failure of software projects after the central leader leaves.

There are vast differences between people that have been employees all their life and people who have run their own businesses.  Employees get paid no matter what and are basically disposable.  That's built into the equation.  Bids don't automatically get accepted and don't automatically get paid.  I've gotten a lot of responses from people that have been employees all their lives.  I'd like to hear from people that run their own businesses and propose Lua as part of their solutions.

tim
--

"Anything war can do, peace can do better."  --  Desmond Tutu