The first alpha release of LuaService is available for the brave
under the MIT license at its Luaforge page:

http://luaforge.net/projects/luaservice/

LuaService is a framework for writing a Windows Service
application in Lua. My intent is to support running applications
such as the Xavante web server from the Kepler project as a
service. The advantage of running as a service include starting
the application automatically as Windows boots, and running
without any user logged in at the console.

Note that this is an alpha release of system-level software. It
runs with elevated privileges in your system. Although I believe
it to be ready for inspection and testing by others, it is not
ready for production use on mission critical systems, and
probably should be assumed that it could take your system with it
in a crash.

Full documentation is available, derived from the source code by
Doxygen. One  of my goals for this project is to produce a
useful, complete working sample of a Windows service with
adequate documentation of its subtleties.

I hope this is useful to someone ;-)

Ross Berteig                               Ross@CheshireEng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/