Would you care to elaborate how could you manage to find the lua functions through PDBs and DLL exports?

Is this going to work on a project that loads lua files from disk and executes them with lua_loadstring ?
Does it work through require's? What if I use a different compiler or runtime (MinGW/MSVCRT.DLL) than yours, there could be problems?

[]s
--
Luís Eduardo Jason Santos

Max McGuire escreveu:
Yes it can.  You don't need to dynamically link with Lua for Decoda to work though. If there's a way for Decoda to locate the Lua functions (either through PDBs or DLL exports) you can use it to debug your application.

Decoda actually won't work with Dawn of War though, at least not the original demo Relic shipped.  That was one of my test applications while developing Decoda, and unfortunately they made modifications to the lua_open function where it expects to receive and additional parameter.  At least that's what I ascertained through my testing.

I imagine newer DoW releases (like the expansion packs) may use Lua 5.x and have eliminated that function entirely, but I haven't tested them.  You can debug Company of Heroes though!

Max