Gregg Reynolds wrote:
On 8/13/07, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:
So is it more intuitive, if you wish to copy an object, to write A=B, or
is it more intuitive to write A.Assign(B), or B.CopyTo(A)?

I guess that depends on your intuition.

yep - I guess probably neither of us are really in the target category

to effectively gauge what would be really intuitive for the great unwashed, would be expensive I think.

IMO, someone that writes A = B wants A to be B, not A to be another
reference to B (which is pretty much pointless, since you already have B).

_Vastly_ unmerited assumption.

OK :)

Take a look at Metalua; it's a fantastic package, and you can use it
to extend the syntax to your heart's content.  It's pretty young, but
still you might be able to use it to create a DSL that works for your
users.

-gregg

thanks!