It is possible that Lua is not linked properly at compile time. I
honestly do not have enough knowledge of building and linking to know
how to debug this, but it might be worth looking into. I noticed that
when I didn't link to Lua in some builds, I would get undefined symbol
errors like yours.

Best of luck,
-Mitchell;

Hooray, I think I've got it working now! I found a discussion thread
message (yours, maybe? :)) from
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.scite.general/7532/focus=7533,
changed the -llua -parameter to -llua5.1 in the makefile and compiled
SciTE again and now it seems to be working just fine. I have still
some problems with the new features of SciTE-st, but I think I can
figure those out :)

Thank you for your help!

- Olli