Hi,

Kein-Hong Man wrote:
> Lothar Scholz wrote:
> >[snip snip]
>
> I must say that the noise level is becoming a little high.
>
> This must be a bad habit that the phenomenon of blogging is
> encouraging.

I'm not sure this logic applies here. The sociodynamics of
computer language communities are very complex. There are several
ways to trigger massive flamewars. Cross-language comparisons are
good starters. Slander, libel and FUD are classic instruments.
There's a certain kind of individuals who excel in using these
instruments to stir up the respective communities.

This is not a new phenomenon. They've been named "Trolls" in the
80ies and the standard advice was/is "Do not feed the trolls".
[In fact I think the blogging phenomenon relieved us from quite a
few of them.]
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Some of them even trod from community to community because the
level of negative feedback (which seems to be the main impetus)
dries up pretty quickly, once everyone follows the above advice:
  http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=scriptolutions

Bye,
     Mike