Lothar Scholz wrote:
[snip snip]
I must say i think the same same. I like the programming model but it
is very slow and i really don't know why the design of lua wants to
use slow hashtable access anywhere. My performance tests show that for
function calls there is a lot (i really mean a lot) room for
optimization.

And sorry i never understood why simplicity is a positive value in a
language implementation. A clean simple API is but internal
implementation is _NOT_. Thats a very academic point of view.

I'm now using lua because there is nothing else with this memory
footprint, but i have to say i'm not as impressed as i was after
reading the first tutorial.

And by the way, please offer real arrays and a builtin performance
optimized object system soon.

I must say that the noise level is becoming a little high.

This must be a bad habit that the phenomenon of blogging is encouraging.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)