> The PopCap Games guys put up a postmortem on their newest game, Bookworm
> Adventures.  It has many references to how they used Lua, modified it to
> accomplish their needs, and the technology they built around Lua.
>
> http://www.igda.org/casual/quarterly/2_2/index.php?id=2

"We heavily modified the Lua interpreter to support many advanced
features. The first thing we did was to change the syntax to be almost
identical to C/C++ since the BASIC-like coding style was irksome, and to
add in sorely missed operators such as +=, *=, ++, etc. "

If they wanted Javascript they knew where to find it, right? :-(

"Furthermore, we made a series of incredible performance enhancements to
the execution speed and memory management of the interpreter. We greatly
decreased table access times and improved the performance of the garbage
collector."

Now, it would be interesting to know details about this.

"Lua was a constant source of extreme anger and frustration."

:-(

"The Lua debugger was highly experimental and didn't become stable until
several months before launch."

So, why blame it on Lua??
--lhf