On Sunday 11 February 2007, jbarciela jbarciela wrote:
> I'm not sure about how fast/scalable is Xavante, in particular if I
> want to do a lot of Ajax or Comet --
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming). That leaves me
> looking at lighttpd.

low-latency responses were my principal reason for writing what became
Xavante.  the point is that even with mod_lua, the CGILua cycle starts by
creating a new environment for each request-response.  there are
some 'preloading cache' but i think they're not too complete.

therefore, i'd suggest you try Xavante; but write your code as 'handlers', not
as CGILua apps.  you'll get far better performance that way.

i've tried to make handlers easy to write; but since (almost) nobody else
bothered to try them (CGILua is far more popular), i don't know if they're
easy to understand.

try it. if you have any doubts, i'll be glad to help.

--
Javier