Hello all,

I was looking at the alternatives to do web apps in Lua and I have
found that the popular options are basically Apache, lighttpd or
Xavante.

I'm interested in something with small memory requirements to run my
app in a VPS (like the ones in linode.com, 128Mb RAM), that leaves
Apache out.

I'm not sure about how fast/scalable is Xavante, in particular if I
want to do a lot of Ajax or Comet --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming). That leaves me
looking at lighttpd.

At first I though that Lua would run embedded in process, but that's
only for mod_magnet, which blocks the whole server while executing.
For the applications there is FCGI, but that requires a separate
process, and I rather have only one.

Is there any library/module that implements an embedded, fast, small
web server? For example the Ruby crowd have Mongrel --
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org.

Or vice versa, is there any web server with in-process support for
applications Lua ?

Thanks,
Lua rocks!

Jaime