I believe (hi, David :)) that the company that actually did the Lua->Java
port did not get paid fully. I don't know what this means for the
ownership of the IP, though (possibly nothing)

So... If it was done correctly, ( and if there were no legal impediments)
IYHO, could this be a community-wide Lua Project? Get all the big guns in
on this, and do some kick-ass stuff with it? Later....

I guess so. I'm focusing on moving on and getting a new job, so right now I haven't the time to pursue this.

I can probably find a contact at the new owners of the IP of Intuwave, if someone else wants to take this on.

P.