> Did the company fail or simply the project? If only the project, why?

Company. But the failure of this product to make enough sales contributed to
that. I could discuss all day my ideas on why, but it's well off topic for
this list.

In my opinion, none of the reasons were to do with the choice of Lua or the
performance/features of Lua.

> Could this project be revived and adopted by the Lua community, in an
> effort to "limelight" Lua a bit more? Just a thought....

The intellectual property of the company has been sold. I suspect, but don't
know, that the purchasers are not interested in this part of our product
line, but I have no way of finding out for sure.

I believe (hi, David :)) that the company that actually did the Lua->Java
port did not get paid fully. I don't know what this means for the ownership
of the IP, though (possibly nothing)

P.