On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:27:41 +0100
Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@GMX.net> wrote:

> Alex Queiroz a écrit :
> >> Besides wxWidget (maybe a bit huge...) Others are maintained per project
> >> base and with subset needed by the project so hardly mature.
> >
> >     While searching for a BSD-licensed, native-controls toolkit I
> > came across Claro Graphics[1]. It looked too good to be true: C,
> > native, lean, scripting languages-friendly. Unfortunately it seems the
> > project is dying even before releasing a first version. :-(
> >
> > [1] - http://www.clarographics.org/
>
> Yes, I saw it, they even planned a Lua binding...
>
> Their layout expression language is interesting, but seems limited to
> row description, less flexible than the Java TableLayout layout manager,
> for example. <https://tablelayout.dev.java.net/>
>
> How did you saw it is dying?

Philippe, LEL actually can handle any layout since you can nest LEL expressions recursively.  You can define multiple row/column layouts, expansion criteria, and even repetition.  It's basically a regex for layout.

I'm in the process of cleaning up the code, stripping down the build, and then I'll have it moved someplace so people can get in and help with a Lua binding.  I'll let everyone know when it's up.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/