On 29-Nov-06, at 2:45 PM, Jose Luis Hidalgo wrote:

Hi Roberto,
   Actually does anybody have rights to put a copy of the html in their projects ? That is,  if I have a project that proudly uses lua as scripting language do I have to ask for rights to put a copy of the html manual? Even if is a open source project? For example, is the plugin http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1291 infringing copyright laws for  integrating a vim-help document with the full content of the lua manual ?

I think there's a difference between the Lua manual, and Programming in Lua. The former is documentation. The latter is a book whose first version was generously placed on a public website by its author.