On 10/22/06, Ralph Hempel <rhempel@hempeldesigngroup.com> wrote:
By the way, are there any opinions about building a standard
makefile for Lua and its more or less standard extensions
such as LuaSocket and LuaFilesystem?

I am working on one, for the Kepler project. It's supposed to be
modular enough to build things such as LuaSocket and LuaFilesystem
separately too, if desired. I'm currenty focusing on Unix systems (as
the Windows port of Kepler is built using Visual Studio project files,
AFAIK). Linux and OSX are my initial targets but Unix-like
environments such as Cygwin should be possible to support without too
much trouble, I hope. The current work-in-progress is at the Kepler
CVS repository. I can post a link to it here once it's more thoroughly
tested on my base environments, if you'd like to give it a go on
mingw/cygwin.

-- Hisham