David Burgess wrote:
Thank you Luiz. This is fantastic!
I willing to help in whatever way I can on the Windows front.
Our intial list of functions?
Is it a subset of ex and lposix?

Ditto here. I'm currently standardizing my mingw build of
Lua and have the core, LuaSocket, LuaFileSystem, LuaExpat,
and LuaSQL and some other stuff I've written like LuaUSB
and LuaSerial.

I'd love to help build and test a standard library that
at least gets the file system and network stuff into
one place.

I'd also like to put forward the idea that the make system
be considered as well. The core dependencies are pretty
much standard, but I'd like to see make include a target
specific file that controls how the build is done for
the users machine.

I realize that Lua source should build on as generic a make as
possible, so it will be hard to do, but there is a lot of
variance in the various build files for Lua components.

With such an elegant language design and source code, it's
almost a shame that the build is not quite as polished... :-)

And I am working on changing that, but it's a bit of a tough
nut to crack. Maybe that's something that can be done at the
next Lua conference?

Cheers, Ralph