On 18/10/2006, at 12:51 AM, Ralph Hempel wrote:

 I'm currently standardizing my mingw build of Lua

> Can you publish how you did this? I usually build Lua with MS Visual
> Studio, but was attempting to do a Cygwin build ('make mingw') using
> the standard distribution.

I use the MinGW and MSYS tools to build a clean, standalone
version of Lua as a shared library. Then everything else
I build links to the Lua library that I originally built.

I'll be happy to send you the makefile, if you like. It's just got a few
mods to the original for my build/install environment.

By the way, are there any opinions about building a standard
makefile for Lua and its more or less standard extensions
such as LuaSocket and LuaFilesystem?

Ralph