On 2006-10-20, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> I didn't do it earlier because I was not sure whether you needed a library
> or a standalone application. Since it seems to be the latter and since not
> everyone has Haskell installed, I've updated my lstrip to dump the token
> stream, one token per line. Just call it as "lstrip -d".

Of course, the support for concatenation is only in the simplish
'lua-xgettext' tool, and not in the parser/tokenizer library
itself, which just build a syntax tree
<http://iki.fi/tuomov/repos/lua-xgettext/Kuu/AST.hs>.

While my tool does depend on GHC, it is infact easier to install
for many people in my "audience", than what would be needed for
anything based on lstrip -- or the former ltokens too: 'apt-get install
ghc' versus getting the Lua source code tarball for the "private"
headers and so on. Of course, for many people on Windows the latter
may be less work, especially if they've had to manually build Lua
already, unlike the user of Debian or another Linux/*BSD distribution
with a comprehensive and easily accessible package collection. lstrip
etc. OTOH probably aren't polished or important enough to make it
into many distributions.

--
Tuomo