Many, many thanks for this. I thought these visualizers required writing some special .DLL-plugins to work, which I wouldn't do. And I used only the very limited AutoExpand. But with the visualizers debugging is a new experience...
So many thanks both for the description link and for your work on Lua visualizers. Definitely a worthy addition to the Wiki.

Ivan

Glenn Maynard wrote:
VC's autoexp.dat allows custom visualizations for data types in the
watch window.  A good description is at:

   http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=120

Add a lua_State* to the watch window, and see the current stack,
with most basic types.  Tables show metatables; string contents
and numbers are shown; inside a C closure, upvalues are listed.
One really nifty thing it does is resolve pointers, so you see
the real names of C functions.