On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 05:22:37PM -0400, Jerome Vuarand wrote:
> I was looking for info on Posix when I noted that most flavours of
> modern Windows are Posix compliant:

Only when additional packages such as SFU, Cygwin, or MinGW are
installed.  These typically provide a Unix-like layer on top of
Windows, including libraries, a shell, tens or hundreds of
command-line programs, and development tools such as gcc.  They tend
to be rather large as a result.  For example SFU requires up to 275M
depending on how much of it you want installed.  Also note that SFU is
not supported on the "home" versions of Windows, only the pro/server
editions.

                                                  -Dave Dodge