If you are really energetic, you might consider attacking
luaconf.h with #define and windows APIs. I figure that
you should be able to #define away the RTL on Windows.
e.g. strcpy -> lstrcpy, longjmp/setjmp with __try/__throw
malloc -> HeapAlloc
etc.

The main work would be the IO library fopen() et al

db

On 10/18/06, Nick Gammon <nick@gammon.com.au> wrote:

On 18/10/2006, at 12:51 AM, Ralph Hempel wrote:

>  I'm currently standardizing my mingw build of Lua

Can you publish how you did this? I usually build Lua with MS Visual
Studio, but was attempting to do a Cygwin build ('make mingw') using
the standard distribution.

However the resulting .dll required cygwin1.dll to be present
alongside lua5.1.dll in order to work. Cygwin1.dll is about a 1.2 Mb
file, which seems excessive considering Lua's small size.

However adding -mno-cygwin to the build options gave a heap of
undefined references (eg. _setjmp, ___errno).

There must be a way, mustn't there?, to compile Lua under Windows
without needing a proprietary compiler, and without needing a huge
DLL just so supply a handful of operating-system related functions.

- Nick