I compile it using MSYS and mingw proper using the default makefile
and mingw.  I just compiled binaries with lbitlib added to the core,
and lfs.dll as well.  Let me know if you need any more information or
want to get your hand on the binaries.

On 10/17/06, Nick Gammon <nick@gammon.com.au> wrote:

On 18/10/2006, at 12:51 AM, Ralph Hempel wrote:

>  I'm currently standardizing my mingw build of Lua

Can you publish how you did this? I usually build Lua with MS Visual
Studio, but was attempting to do a Cygwin build ('make mingw') using
the standard distribution.

However the resulting .dll required cygwin1.dll to be present
alongside lua5.1.dll in order to work. Cygwin1.dll is about a 1.2 Mb
file, which seems excessive considering Lua's small size.

However adding -mno-cygwin to the build options gave a heap of
undefined references (eg. _setjmp, ___errno).

There must be a way, mustn't there?, to compile Lua under Windows
without needing a proprietary compiler, and without needing a huge
DLL just so supply a handful of operating-system related functions.

- Nick