Well I would just like to see a defacto standard. I am not too
fussed what it is.

I would like to be able to write code on Linux that I can run
unchanged on Windows and Mac.

so:

require"an agreed name"

for f in os.files"/" do
 print(f)
end

Would it not be nice if this ran on OS X, Linux and Win?

The require"posix" is just not going to happen on Windows,
I have tried and you inevitably end up with a pool of unimplementable
functions when it comes to Win.

This standardization has been tried a few times, including a
serious attempt by the LuaCheia people. Wide acceptance is the
measure of success for an addon OS library.

David Burgess

Alex Queiroz wrote:
I'd love
to see it become a de facto standard of the Lua community.