Prime Mover is a Lua-based build utility designed to replace make. It's
designed to be a 100kB shell script that can be dropped into a source tree;
the shell script takes care of unpacking and building the Lua interpreter
automatically. It's free, fast, powerful, easy to use and extremely flexible,
and brings all the power of Lua to your build environment (and means you don't
have to struggle with make any more).

http://primemover.sourceforge.net

Marketing blurb aside, this is of interest here because:

(a) it's in Lua;

(b) it uses my mad shell-script mechanism for deploying a program written in
Lua onto platforms that don't actually have Lua installed on it;

(c) it uses a few neat tricks to compress the entire Lua interpreter down into
a single, standalone, 250kB C source file, which may be of use to people;

(d) it's cool. Because I wrote it.

If anyone's interested in checking it out, I'd love feedback...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Gaping from its single obling socket was
+- www.cowlark.com --+ original)