2006/10/12, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw@zedshaw.com>:
> > http://phrogz.net/AnarkSamples/AKClassHierarchy.lua
>
> Looks good.  What's the license on it though.

I've added the license notice to that file.
(It's a simple free-to-use-and-modify license with just a hair of egoism
in it.)

> 1) Write their own OO system.
> 2) Avoid the words "[Cc]lass", "[Oo]bject", and "new"
> 3) Not put a license on it.
>
> Are there particular reasons for this?  Like, "class" is
reserved or clashes?

1) I wrote my own because:
  a) I could (and enjoyed doing so), and
  b) I wanted to have complete control over the system

2) I avoided those words not because of any internal Lua clash, but as a
way to namespace my objects without a module/table.

3) Because I was lazy and rarely think about this. I get so excited to
share my code with the world that I forget that step. :) [And, because I
tend to write stuff for myself and share it as an after thought, instead
of setting out to release something with all the bells and whistles a
proper 'release' ought to have.]