If I wanted to use the Lua wiki tutorials, I would either do it internally in an organization, or adapt it by rewriting the text and code. If the project is commercial, I think this is a reasonable thing to do, because the status of the material in the wiki is more or less in limbo; pedantic lawyers might not like such things.

I am working with David on this "commercial product", which in fact is a free product. We are working on a Lua tutorial that will make it possible to run Lua code directly from a browser. The console we have in the browser works much like the command line Lua interpreter.

It would be in the best interest of the Lua community if we could directly integrate the Lua wiki into the tutorial as it will make it much easier for any newbie Lua developer. As it is now, we can only create links to the external online tutorials and it will be difficult for the developer to run the tutorials and experiment.

We are only trying to make it as easy as we possible can for new programmers to get up to speed with Lua.

I have copied the framework for the Lua tutorials to our server so you can see how the tutorial looks like, but please note that you cannot run the scripts on this server. All links are directly to http://lua-users.org/wiki/

http://barracudaserver.com/tst/Lua/lua/index.html

We believe that we can create a better tutorial by having the wiki as part of the tutorial and not use external links as we do now.