Quoting wini <winigroups@gmail.com>:

> > If I wanted to use the Lua wiki tutorials, I would either do it
> > internally in an organization, or adapt it by rewriting the text and
> > code. If the project is commercial, I think this is a reasonable
> thing
> > to do, because the status of the material in the wiki is more or less
> > in limbo; pedantic lawyers might not like such things.
> >
> [snip]
> It would be in the best interest of the Lua community if we could
> directly integrate the Lua wiki into the tutorial as it will make it
> much easier for any newbie Lua developer. As it is now, we can only
> create links to the external online tutorials and it will be difficult
> for the developer to run the tutorials and experiment.
> [snip]

Yeah, I think we should avoid duplication of effort as far as possible.
The best way of doing this will be to add a proper documentation license
to the Lua wiki. The discussion can be done on this list, and by
advertising it on the wiki.  During the transition period, anyone who
disagrees with the license can pull out their material.

The most "compatible" license would be something equivalent to Lua 5's
license, assuming "public domain" is too "free". Some contributors might
want some kind of attribution, given the time and effort spent in
creating the material. What does the list think?

--
kein-hong man
KL, MY

This e-mail has been sent via JARING webmail at http://www.jaring.my