From my simple view I would happy for there to be no changes to the
base lua loader. But an extended luac that cross compiles. e.g.

luac -e l -o luac.out bytecode.lua -- little endian
luac -e b -o luac.out bytecode.lua --big endian

Adding further options in the future for numeric size and format would be
nice.

As I read Luiz's code, the endian thing has been done for luac.
I dont seek true bytecode portability, just an ability to generate/convert
bytecode for foreign platforms.

Or have I completely missed it?

DB