I am of the same view as Asko.
Is it also possible to make the bytecode either independent
or cross-compilable for sizeof(lua_Integer)?

DB
On 6/11/06, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:

Could you reconsider the endianess issue?  That is, to have the
modified lundump.c in the main sources, it could be #ifdef'fed like
readline support is, that would be fine (= we need to specifically
enable multi-endianness support).

This comes up at least in fink (OS X) packaging; now, we'll have to
include & deliver a separate patch. Otherwise, we could be building
just based on the official .tar.gz.

Thanks for the consideration, :)

-asko